Blogs

Per square foot cost to build a house

Per square foot cost to build a house in Pakistan

House construction cost is the combination of grey structure cost and finishing cost. Material & labor cost paid to build the structure of a house, including plastering of ceilings & walls and preparation of floors is called as grey structure cost. Whereas, material & labor cost paid to fix floor, kitchen & bathrooms tiles, fittings & fixtures, false ceiling work, wood work and painting exteriors & interiors of a house is called as the finishing cost.

Home building cost depends on the quality of construction

House construction cost mainly depends on the quality of the construction. Quality of construction depends on structural details and the selection of finishes you choose for your home. There are 4 qualities of home construction that represent 4 different finishing classes, C, B, A and A+.

C CLASS HOUSE CONSTRUCTION

C class construction has average finishes with average quality fittings & fixtures.

Grey structure cost for C class construction = PKR 1,350 / square foot

Finishing cost for C class construction = PKR 1,150 / square foot

Total cost of C class construction = Rs. 2,500 per square foot

B CLASS HOUSE CONSTRUCTION

B class construction has quality finishes with quality fittings & fixtures.

Grey structure cost for B class construction = PKR 1,500 / square foot

Finishing cost for B class construction = PKR 1,500 / square foot

Total cost of B class construction = Rs. 3,000 per square foot

A CLASS HOUSE CONSTRUCTION

A class construction has luxury finishes with high quality of fittings & fixtures.

Grey structure cost for A class construction = PKR 1,650 / square foot

Finishing cost for A class construction = PKR 1,850 / square foot

Total cost of A class construction = Rs. 3,500 per square foot

A+ CLASS HOUSE CONSTRUCTION

A+ class construction has luxury plus finishes with imported fittings & fixtures.

Grey structure cost for A+ class construction = PKR 1,800 / square foot

Finishing cost for A+ class construction = PKR 2,200 / square foot

Total cost of A+ class construction = Rs. 4,000 per square foot

NOTES:
  • Construction cost in Karachi, Lahore, Islamabad, Gwadar, Rawalpindi, Faisalabad, Multan, Peshawar, Gujranwala, Sialkot, Abbottabad, Bahawalpur, Quetta, Sargodha, Hyderabad Sindh, Sahiwal, Jhelum, Gujrat Pakistan, Sheikhupura, Kasur and other cities of Pakistan varies due to variation in construction material rates.
  • Construction costs / rates in this blog are updated regularly (last updated on 26-05-2017).

1. Farhan

Dear Team,

First of all, this is very good and appreciable efforts done by you to respond all basic level queries regarding construction. Its really helpful for all who are interested to build/ construct property.

I wanted to build grey structure for commercial plaza around 2.5 Kanal (10500 Sqft) with 3 stories along-with basement (In Lahore).

Can you please share construction quotation of per sqft /per floor (separately basement, 1st, 2nd and 3rd floor) and as a whole project.

I would have building design with me. Thank You!

2. Kamran Chaudhry

I want to construct 10 Marla house in PCSR Society II Lahore. As per the map I selected, total covered area is 3600 SQF (1708 ground floor, 1622 1st floor, 270 2nd floor). What will the total cost for A type and B type house including boundry wall, gate, porch and everything which usually not included in unit rate.
    Secondly what would be the tentative completion time, i want to start in mid of Aug 2017. Please advise.

3. Muhammad Hafeez

Dear Sir,
    I want to construct my house in Bahria EMC lahore. My plot size is 5 Marla (25*45). I have limited budget that’s why construct only single story. I need normal construction but good look. Floor tiles and bath room /Kitchen accessories should be good look. Please tell me the Approximate Cost of it.

4. Muhammad

i want to consturt 1600 ft area with 3 beds 2 bath 1 kitichen 1lounge 1 drawing dinning 1 porch without roof plz guied me mix cost

5. Shayan

Sir I want to built house in area of 130 sq yards .how much it cost for ground plus 2 building and if we buit basement too then how much it cost..plz specify both casesof..

6. khurshee

I need to construct a house of 120 sq.yards at naya nazimabad karachi double storey how much it will cost and what would be labor rates and material cost and how much duration will it take

• Khurshee
      120 sq yards double storey house will cost you approximately 35 LAC as you will use block in Karachi
      Time duration will be 5-6 months
      To know labor rates just visit the local under construction homes. Meet the owners, and know about contractor.
      Labor rate varies on quality of work its from 250-350 rupees per sq ft
      This way you will be able to find good builder too.

7. Abid

For The A+ catagory, what’s the estimate for approx. 5500 square feet covered area one kanal house? Location is E-16/3 Islamabad. I will give contract on labor rate.

8. Neelam

If I use tiles of RS 2800 per meter square rate, then plz tell me for one kanal house of covered area 5700 square feet, how much expense will occur on tiles procurement of this catagory?

9. Asad

Sir
    Kindly you can guide me about aluminium work for windows and ventilators etc…what is the price per sqfeet of alcon aluminium?they demond 370 to 390 per sqft depending upon gage of aluminium

10. Mohsin

Aoa sir I HV a 7 marla house .I want to build first floor apprx cvrd area 1296 sqrft ..I want to know the construction cost of first floor at labor rate. .if material provided by me. ..secondly in terms of numerics how many bricks ..cement bags ..sand and steel is required ..

• Mohsin
      First floor of 7 Marla house will cost you approximately 18-20 LAC
      Number of bricks, cement and steel is calculated only on design or layout
      Best way for you is to hire good builder on labor rate
      Builder will give you good estimate as he will ask you to provide material according to the requirements

11. Ali

Dear .I want to ask you that what is turn key basis .Also guide me if it is better for me to hire contractor for Gray structure only because u cannot give time yo house..Also if I Go from r percentage basis on construction then what will be the percentage.Please note that contractor is also my relative so I don’t want bad taste ..I have full trust in him but on the same side I don’t want anyone loss either mine or his..please advise

• Ali
      You should sign labor contract; construction on labor rate
      In this case you will provide the construction material and contractor will bring his team to build your home.
      Its better than turn key contract

12. Respectable Sir ,
    I am small two marla plot 16.5 × 27.3 feet . It is located in congested area of lahore . The total covered area of my construction is around 1150 feet . My contractor is demanding Rs 2000 / square feet . It is with material and with complete finishing. Is it a fair rate ?

13. Adnan

Bhai Can you please tell me normal labour price for plaster ? meterial will be ours, currently i got labour at 13Rs/sqft for inner walls/roof and 16Rs/sqft for outer wall .. but some one said that its high rate of labour only .. can you please guide me how much does it cost normally … Only labour rate i mean.

• Adnan
      No its not true
      Your contractor has given you reasonable rates
      Don’t listen to others
      Low rate contractors will just get work but their finishes will have low quality as they will try to save time.

• Adnan

thanks for your response, can you also tell me just one more thing
        whats the difference between sqft and running feet ? and whats the formula to calculate it bro ?

for example my drawingroom is 14×19 .. can you tell me its running feet

Thanks,
        Adnan

14. Muhammad Waqas

Sir kindly tell me, does grey structure includes wiring, electrical panels and waterproof tiling for roof.
    What is minimum rate per sq.ft for grey structure in Faisalabad?

• Muhammad Waqas
      Grey structure does not include wiring or electric panels or roof tiling
      Grey structure is just the structural work, plastering of ceilings and walls and preparation of floors not tile work
      Grey structure rate is approximately 1300-1600 depending on the detail of structure. Simple structures cost less, whereas structures with lot of beams and arches cost more.

15. azhar

dear sir i want build a farm house single story wih 4 bed and covered area of 4200 with small swimming pool. i wan to add sawana also. can u give me estimates and also refer somebody who can design. need cos estimates plz, have one acre of land.

16. Dr.Saeed Ali Syed

Dear Sir, Thanks for your kind knowledge sharing with layman like me.
    I have intention to build house on my 240 Sqr Yard (2160 sqr feet) plot in Karachi, double story, around Karachi University area, two separate portion, what would be the cost sper squar feet. or total cost including grey level and finished A level. It will be high appreciate.

17. atif

Salam.I want to construct a house on a 50 x 90 square feet. Total covered area is 5500 square feet. If a contractor / firm is charging me 3000 rupees per square feet for turn key solution then how much the firm will be earning? According to my sources majority of the firms earn RS 500 per square feet or more which charge 3000 rupees per square feet. How much RS per square feet I can save if I give contract to the builder myself.

• atif

I provide the material and give contract at labour rate to contactor. How much per square feet price can I save instead of firm turn key 3000 rupee price?

• atif
        its best for you to build you home on labor rate
        You should hire contractor on labor rate and you should provide all materials
        Construct you home in steps:
        1- First complete the grey structure
        2- After finishing the grey structure just review your budget
        3- Select finishes for your home according to you budget

This will save you lot of money

• iftikhar

I am constructing a luxury class house A+ in dha phase 6 lahore. My contractor is charging me 4000 per square feet. How much is his margin? If I had constructed that catagory home myself then how much would I have saved?

• iftikhar
          margin of your contractor is not much if he is an honest person
          Margin is 8-10% which is very fair. Like 300-400 per sq ft
          For A+ category, 4000 per sq ft is perfect rate
          You can save 300-400 per sq ft is you build home on just labor rate but in this case, contractors on labor rate waste lot of material like 5%
          So just make sure your contractor on turn key basis just use same material as specified in construction contract

18. Muhammad Aqeel

I have a home 133 Sq feet Ground+one.. I want to re built Ground+ 3 floor.with complete furnish.location karachi..tell me the cost?? A category..

19. Arif

I want to construct an additional 2 rooms and a bathroom on the front terrace and porch of my house (in Islamabad). Total size of terrace is 30×14 and size of porch is 10×14. Floors are already made of chips and will not need to be re-finished. Can you please suggest the best way to proceed. Should I give it on labour rate or with material? What will be the approximate cost of this additional construction. Thank you.

20. Junaid Iqbal

I want to ask that I am building a house of 2160 square feet (240 squard yards) I have hired a builder who is taking 45 lacs from me for building the house. Do you think that it is high cost as he is no making my house so good and my neighbour had made the house in 35 lacs and it is just like mine. Please tell me the rates that i should pay to the builder

21. shahzad

assalam u aliqum

sir mujhe60x90 = 5400 sqft ka plat banwana hai ground floor with first floor with all side plaster ky saat labor cost ky hogi aur meterail cost kya hogi

22. Shakeel mehmood

Hello everybody i want to know something about estimated cost of brick structure only of 30×49 size plot. Its in Gulraiz 2 rawalpindi. I want to bulid a 2 story one unit house. Some one told me total cost of brick structure for 2 story building as 30 lakh. But i think its too much. Can somebody comment on it??

23. Numair

Salam, hamaray contractor ne grey structure banaya hai aur uske usne hum se 13lac liye hein, without plaster, kiya ye amount ziyada nahi hai without plaster ?? 36×60 (240gaz) ka plot tha

24. Syed Ahmed

Hello,

I have plot in Karachi and would like to know estimated cost of construction with A-class. The detail is given below so please advise.

•Plot size: 417 Sq.yd (corner)
    •Construction : ground + one ( double story)
    •Lawn: not less than 100 sq.yd
    •Construction class: Luxury (at-least A)

Please advise me how much it will cost me for everything including labour + electric wiring + kitchen + finishing etc.

Regards,

• Syed Ahmed
      417 sq yard double storey house will cost you approximately 1 CRORE Rupees for normal construction
      1.25 crore for luxury construction
      The difference is due to the finishes you will choose for your home
      As expensive finishes will cost more

• Syed Ahmed

Hello,

Thanks for reply. I will appreciate if you can let me know the answer on below queries…

1. how much covered area would be?
        2.what would be grey structure cost per square foot?
        3.what would be covered area for finishing?
        4.what would be finishing cost per square foot?
        5. Labour cost
        6. Did you consider lawn option too?

Looking forward for your response please.

Thanks and regards,

• Syed Ahmed
          Approximate covered area will be 3500 sq ft
          Yes lawn on front
          Grey structure cost will be 1400-1800 per sq ft
          Finishing will cost you 1000-2000 per sq feet according to finishes you choose
          Normal house costs 2500 per sq ft
          Luxury house costs 3000 per sq ft

25. Sir mera plot size 33*50 corner… 1650 square feet bnta ha… Dubl portion pe ktna kharcha hojaye ga with labour plus meteral

26. what is the construction cost for a modern designer house like the ones being constructed in dha phase 5 and 6 in lahore? provide estimates of the various catagories : medium avergae….upper average…..luxury class. I want more than average built standard. covered around 5500 square feet. thanks

• Atif
      It depends on the finishes you would like to choose for your home
      Grey structure cost is 1400-1800 per sq ft
      Normal house with finishing will cost you Rs. 2500 per sq ft
      Luxury finishes cost around Rs 3000 per sq ft
      Luxury plus finishes will cost you 3500-4000 per sq ft

Your home with the covered area will cost you 150-200 LAC

• what is the construction cost of modern kitchen? plz provide me estimate me of modern elegant kitchen. Also provide info about companies which make such kitchens. What is the expenditure cost in 5500 square ft covered area one kanal home? how much expense can occur on lighting? ( nice quality sockets, switches, wiring, led bulbs in ceiling, yellow exterior lights, chandiliers, hanging lights etc, holders, fancy fittings etc )

• Atif
          One kanal house with covered area 5500 sq ft will cost you
          B Class finishes = 140 LAC
          C Class finishes = 165 LAC
          A Class finishes = 190 LAC

Kitchen cost depends on the finishes and fixtures you choose. A good kitchen costs 10-15 LAC.
          Companies that provide kitchen fitting services are:
          ARAN KITCHENS
          MODULAR KITCHENS
          INTERWOOD KITCHENS

For electric stuff there is lot of variety, choice and finishes.
          I will recommend you to personally visit the stores.

27. Makhdoom

Dear sir,

I want to construct my home in Nayanazimabad, Karachi with following two options

1. 160 sq yards one unit with quoted cover area of 2200 sq feet. (map attached)
    2. 120 sq yards one unit with quoted cover area of 1680 sq feet. (map attached)

Can you please provide the cost of mid quality grey structure with aluminum windows, wooden doors, washroom in usable form (w/o tile) and kitchen in usable form (w/o tile and cabinets but with slabs). currently i don’t want to paint inside and install the floor tiles etc due to limited funds.

28. Mansoor

Assalaamoalaikum
    I am planning to buy 120 sq. Yds plot
    Would like to make 990 sqft covered area. Later on planned to build 1st floor
    Pls tell me how much approx will be for 990 sqft

29. Assalamu Alikum . . . How r u? Can you please tell me the with material rate of normal house . . . i want to construct my own house in lahore so i just want an estimated cost, Size of plot is 50’X90′ and covered area is 3400Sft. I want to make a normal house not cheaper or luxurious

• Ali
      I am fine, many thanks
      Hope you are doing great in life
      Normal house construction will cost you Rs. 2500.- per sq ft
      Total cost = 3400×2500 = 85 LAC

So your house will cost you 80-90 Lac for normal construction

30. Sajid Mahmood

i want to construct 5 Marla House at Faisalabad with 5 Floors.
    out of 5 , one will be basement.
    1- Floor one Basement as Hall.
    2- Floor two Ground Floor as Hall is well.
    3- from Floor 3,4,5 have four Rooms each with one kitchen and two bathroom.
    Grey structure should be solid but the doors and window, sanitary and Electric city accesories solid but not fancy.
    how much it will cost

31. Can you please guide me:
    I want to construct third floor on my existing house built on 160 sq yards.
    We need three bed rooms with bath and one lounge / cum sitting / cum dining
    One open kitchen in lounge .

32. hello sir tell me the double storey price of 2.75 marla 620 sqft in lahore … tell me in c class and finishing b class .. what will be the total price???

33. sami alvi

asalaam o alikum

dear
    i want to construct my house on 5.25 marla land. in lahore if you have some design please share with me with construction cast.

34. Hamza tahir

Salaam sir, i want to know the price of construction of new house on 5 Marla land the covered area will be 650 sq.ft on ground floor and the first floor will cover the area of 480 as i saw the one design on internet. what will the cost of c grey work without any finishing and add the electricity and fittings cost i am living in Faisalabad. waiting for your reply kindly reply fast.

35. farooq

ASSALAMUALAIKUM
    I want to construct my house in Karachi on 400 sq. yard in gulsah e maymar.
    Please mentioned the cost seprately on covered area 350 sq. yard.
    Foundation cost for ground+2 floors
    Construction cost only for ground floor.
    what else till finish?

• Farooq
      It will cost you approximately 70 LAC for complete finish of single storey house
      7 Lac for foundation, can be more or less depending on the situation of plot and filling required
      Grey structure cost will be 50 LAC (It also includes the foundation cost)
      Approximately 20 Lac for finishing
      Total = 70 LAC

36. Imran Hanif

Sir, What are the items are include in you C class grey structure.
    like electricity and sanitary works are included in grey structure.

Thanks.

37. salman

sir,
    iam going to construct a sigle story house of 200sqyrd in karachi how much cost it will take please mention the cost of foundation, construction & finishing

38. Mirza

ASSALAMUALAIKUM
    I want to construct my house in Karachi on 400 sq. yard or 13.22 marla.
    Please mentioned the cost seprately on covered area 350 sq. yard.
    Foundation cost for ground+2 floors
    Construction cost only for ground floor.
    what else till finish?

• Mirza
      It will cost you approximately 60 LAC for ground floor with finishing plus foundation
      10 Lac will be the cost of foundation only but it can be lass and more depending on the ground / plot situation

39. Salman Zeb

Sir my 10 marla plot with 36 ft width and 75 feet length….
    Basement would be 1700 sq ft
    ground floor 1700 sq ft
    first floor 1700 sq ft
    sir about how many bricks would be required for this, how many cement bags, steed in tons would be required for this????/
    i’m waiting for your good response….thanks in advance

40. Salman Zeb

Sir i have ten marla plot in peshawar hayatabad, with 36 feet width and 75 feet lenght….i want to construct double story house with basement but only upto grey structure…
    covered area of basement would be 1700 sq ft
    ground floor 1700 sq ft
    1st floor 1800 sq ft
    what would be the total cost of constructing only grey structure???

41. Dear sir,
    Want to know the conatruction cost.

Total area of plot 20 marla
    Coverd area 7 marla.

1st floor 4 rooms with drawig Kicthen and 3 bath

2nd floor 3 room with 2 bath . Drawind and kichen

I want to know coat for both B and A category cost.
    Gulberg islamabad

42. LAIQ AHMED

I have 110sq yard plot I want ground with A+ constuction estemate and and time duration.
    Please also give me the rate of A class construction in karachi .

43. Asalamualaikum,

What is the cost of grey structure IF it is built with beams and columns (RCC)? (Is this structure much stronger than brick house?)

For 1 Kanal House.

With Basement
    Without Basement

Thanks a lot.

44. Khursheed Ahmed Khan

Hi dear,
    Could you please advise me about cost of construction per SFT for DHA Karachi in phase 08.
    The finishes will be average plus.
    Please advise me price for structure and finishes both

Kind regards

45. Rana Khalid Javed

AOA, Dear Sir, i have a 1 kanal plot in Bahawalpur and want to built A+ (top class) construction. i want to construct 10 Marla covered area, 1 small swimming pool, 5 baths (A+class), 2 kitchen (A+class). every thing should be A+ (top class) like tiles, plumbing, fittings, sanitary, kitchen, doors, windows, Main door & Main Gate. please tell me single story and double story full estimate. (Note: single story 10 Marla and 1st floor 7 Marla.). Thanks in advance.

46. Huzaifa

As Salam O Alaikum
    Sir I have a 220 sq ft house i am planning to reconstruct it ground+2 what will be the total estimate cost of A category and also B category.

47. Habib Awan

A.o.A
    respected sir
    i have a 4 marla commercial plot size 36×29 feet in a developed society in Rawalpindi. i want to construct it , as per by laws one can construct ground plus 3
    in the same market i hv seen new plazas under construction with shops on Ground floor and 3 apartment and in one of plaza they have made shops in the basement as well
    can u kindly provide me some estimates if i plan to make the same
    option 1 with basement
    option 2 without basement

48. Ibrahim

Plot Size 35′ x 60′
    Ground Floor covered area 1800 sq. ft.
    1st Floor covered area 1400 sq. ft.

Can you tell me the complete construction cost of 2 floors please

* Please also guide, if I construct underground
    what will be the cost of under ground only

49. Muhammad

Dear sir,
    I want to build a house in Bahria town Karachi Percent 6 10 marla plot size. Ground plus first floor
    Gray structure class A
    Finishing class A
    Both price required.
    Please reply
    Asif

50. Sohail Hussain

How much would it cost to get a plan for 7623 ft plaza with basement and two floors on top to be passed including architect and baldia/local council fees. Thanks

51. Hi,

I have a of 1800 square feet and I want to develop full ground floor and one big room with attach batch and terrace on first floor.

Can you please tell me how much it will cost for both B and C class?

52. Syed Kashif Ali Shah

Aoa.
    I want to construct house on 10 marla plot in bahriatown rawalpindi phase 8.
    Can you please give me an idea on estimated budgetary cost to built home with basement and double story grey structure.

• M.Ali Najam
      It will cost you approximately 55 Lac to build A+ house of size 120 yards
      It will take 5-6 months to build it
      For normal construction like C category you can build it for 40 Lac

53. Muhammad Farooq Awan

Dear Respected Sir;

AOA;
    really your valuable efforts with respect to guidance / estimated cost for home construction are highly appreciated because any person get prepared himself for expected budget / amount.
    I have 60X30 plot in multi garden B-17 Islamabad. I am planning home with covered area of approximately 1650 Sq/feet (single) with a medium finishing material, how much amount would be required ?

54. Hi one kanal plot in awt 2 lahore just want to cover 2250sqf with in door swimming pool 16×26 Pl tell me the cost of construction of the complete project

55. Asif Ali Alvi

Aslam Alaikum sir. Kindly tell me about the construction cost of 350 sq yard grond+ 200 sq yards first floor in DCK karachi. Total area 550 sq yards /4950 sq ft.

56. M,Asad

Dear Sir,
    my plot size 27′ x 46′
    Ground Floor covered area 1116 Sft
    1st Floor covered area 1010 Sft
    Roof Floor covered area 272 Sft
    Can you tell me the cost plz..
    1-what is the labor cost?
    2- bricks per 1000 rate
    3- cement per bag
    4-steel per KG
    5-crush per Cubic fet
    6-sand per trolley
    please tell me also labor rate with material and without material.
    actually I am not in pak. so I want to plan to make home in pak. deska.
    Thanks and waiting ur reply

• M.Asad
      Total covered area for your home is 2400
      Labor rate is approximately 300 per sq ft
      Average house price construction rate with material is 2500 per sq ft
      It will cost you approximately 60 Lac to build your house.
      Best way is to first construct grey structure
      Then buy finishing material according to your budget
      Material rates depend and vary according to areas
      so collect material rates from your local suppliers

57. Abbas A

Hello,
    what is the approximate construction cost to construct a double story 3200 square feet in Gulberg residencia Islamabad?

58. Kamran

hi just want to ask in 5 marla house Plot size 25*58 what will be cost for 25*40 basement or is it not good to have basement pls advise Thanks.

59. Rashid

Turnkey structures. .class A
    Alsalehalsafa builders
    Islamabad rawalpindi and surrounding areas.
    We offer quality construction with reasonable prices..we have tons of experience and expertise for quality housing .
    03360988318

60. Shahzad

I want to construct my home in Lahore so could you please provide the most latest material cost, important points to be remembers from the owners point of view and that how should we buy building material.

61. Z A NAQVI

DEAR SIR. MY PLOT 35/70 IN RIVER GARDEN ISLAMABAD. SHOULD I HAVE FIRST CONSTRUCTION OF ONLY GREY STRUCTURE OR COMPLETE CONSTRUCTION AT A TIME WITH FINISHES IS BETTER AND ECONOMICAL. PLEASE GUIDE