Blogs

8 Marla House Construction Cost

Construction cost of 8 Marla house

8 Marla House

8 Marla is a common house size in Pakistan. Most housing schemes in Pakistan have the houses of size 8 Marla. In Pakistan residential land is measured in Marla and Kanal. 1 Marla is equal to 225 square feet and 1 Kanal is equal to 20 Marla. Therefore, 8 Marla house is one that is built on the land of size 1800 square feet.

8 Marla plot or land size:

There are many sizes of 8 Marla plots but ideal size is 30’x60’.

Design of 8 Marla House

Design of 8 Marla house has lot of variation. Due to the ample land, architects have lot of maneuvering space. In 8 Marla house design, open spaces are provided on one side of house, normally on the side where car porch is provided. Open spaces are also provided on front and back of house. Front space is then utilized for plantation and back space for laundry work. Ventilation and natural light is provided from side, front and back open spaces. Generally a car porch, drawing room, living room, kitchen, one bedroom with attached bathroom and powder room are provided on ground floor, whereas three bedrooms with attached bathrooms, store room, small kitchen and small living room are provided on first floor.

Covered area of 8 Marla double storey house

Approximate covered area of a 8 Marla double storey house is 2200 square feet.

Construction cost of 8 Marla double storey house

Per square foot construction cost in Pakistan is 2500-4000 PAK Rupees. Construction cost of a double storey 8 Marla house of covered area 2100 square feet is 5,500,000-8,800,000 PAK Rupees. This variation depends on the type of finishes and fixtures you chose for your 8 Marla home.

NOTES:
  • Construction cost in Karachi, Lahore, Islamabad, Gwadar, Rawalpindi, Faisalabad, Multan, Peshawar, Gujranwala, Sialkot, Abbottabad, Bahawalpur, Quetta, Sargodha, Hyderabad Sindh, Sahiwal, Jhelum, Gujrat Pakistan, Sheikhupura, Kasur and other cities of Pakistan varies due to variation in construction material rates.
  • Construction costs / rates in this blog are updated regularly (last updated on 10-03-2017).

1. AoA.I have ready grey structure house in lahore plot size 27×60.almost fully coverd. 2bed rooms 3bath t.v loundge.kitchen drawing dining geraj+stairs on ground floor and 2rooms 1bath on first floor.kindly suggest me the estimated cost of finishing included wood work (kitchen cabinets ceiling nd wardrobe in 2bedrooms) now and time duration.I want to move with in 2months.is it possible.marble floor of normal cost and average fixtures.thanks

2. Asim

Dear Sir, I would like to build a single story house in DHA Islamabad, 2 Beds with attached bathrooms, drawing, dinning, powder room, kitchen and car porch and laundry area. Please advice the cost.
    Thank you.

3. Tauseef Ishaq Mughal

Assalam-u-Alikum,

Sir, i want to build double story house on 8 marla plot,
    can you please tell me how much i have to save for *grey structure* only for double story? (Material + Labor)

Ground Floor Covered Area = 1606. SFT
    First Floor Covered Area = 1513. SFT

Thanks in advance for replying…

• Tauseef Ishaq Mughal
      Grey structure for 3119 sq ft will cost you 40-45 LAC
      If your design / structure is simple it will cost 40 LAC and if more detail work it will cost you 45 LAC

4. Hussain

Respected concern l, i have a plot in gulberg residencia i want to make single story but problem is 15 fit soil is loose and also water in 13 feet i am really worried plz suggest me what can i do

5. Syed Ahtasham

Dear Sir i want to built a 8 Marla sigle story house 4 bed room ho 12*12 and a drawing room of 15*13 3 bathrooms, kitchen and car porch. It will be a simple house. can you please give me an estimate of cost that i have to Manage

6. Mohammad Saleem Saddal

DEAR SIR:
    I WANT TO BUILD A DOUBLE STORY HOUSE 8 MARLA
    TOTAL SEPARATE PORTION – GROUND + 1.
    3 BED + ATTACHED BATH
    LIVING ROOM
    DRAWING ROOM
    KITCHEN

MARBLE FLOORING
    TILED BATHROOMS
    OPEN KITCHEN
    WARDROBES IN EACH BEDROOM
    FINISHING (AVERAGE – NOT CHEAP & NOT EXPENSIVE)

KINDLY SEND ME AN ESTIMATE AT YOUR EARLIEST.
    THANKS AND REGARDS

7. irfan khan

i have 40 ×40 plot in abbottabad i want to construct double storey house how much will be cost for grey structure and finishing cost.
    ground floor 2 bedroom with bath and living + guests room together with bath and kitchen and space for twoo cars.
    1st floor 1 bedroom hall with bath and small kitchen.

8. Qaeem Rehman

I have a residential plot of 8 marla with 30×60 size. Just want to know how much will it cost if i make Gray structure of house having single storey with 2 rooms, one store room , open kitchen with TV lounge, one drawing room and A garage having stairs.

9. I have one corner commercial plot for shop size 30 x 45 feet, I need to built one basement and Ground floor and 1st floor, Can you please advise how must cost be requires in basement , Ground floor and 1st floor , separately
    Thank you very much for your kind advise

• Shahid
      It will cost you approximately 90 Lac
      40 Lac for basement (Excavation work plus concrete walls on 4 sides + footing of columns / pillars)
      25 Lac for ground floor
      25 Lac for first floor

10. ASHRAF ALI THANVI

DEAR SIR:
    I WANT TO BUILD A DOUBLE STORY HOUSE
    TOTAL SEPARATE PORTION – GROUND + 1.
    EACH FLOOR WILL BE:
    3 BED + ATTACHED BATH
    LIVING ROOM
    DRAWING ROOM
    KITCHEN
    U/G GROUND + OVERHEAD TANK
    MARBLE FLOORING
    TILED BATHROOMS
    OPEN KITCHEN
    WARDROBES IN EACH BEDROOM
    FINISHING (AVERAGE – NOT CHEAP & NOT EXPENSIVE)

KINDLY SEND ME AN ESTIMATE AT YOUR EARLIEST.
    THANKS AND REGARDS

11. Aleem Ashraf

I want to construct house with total area 50×35
    1- what will be the covered area ?
    2- what is cost of Grey and total ????

12. tipu Sultan

I have land measuring 30 into 55 at Bahia town Rawalpindi. Corner plot. I want to build double story house. How much it cost me. I think covered area is going to be
    6 marla or less. Kindly advise me correct amount.

13. Muhammad noman

Sir 07 marla house(30*60)single storey house in multan.how much cost it will be.please tell me.
    Thanx

14. saqib

Salam

I really appreciate for all your hard work and share your knowledge through this blog.

I have 8 Maria plot in Bahria Lahore. I am interested to build double story with a back garden. How much construction cost could be for it?
    Is there any chance if you share maps or pictures of modern constructed houses?

Saqib

15. Aleem

Hello
    I would like to appreciate you first for helping out people in making their dreams true. Here is wgat i am looking for .
    single story house in 15 marlas gujrat.
    3 bedroom attached bath .
    1 Generously sized kitchen
    1 living area and dining
    1 guest room with bath.
    House roof is canopy style .

I ll be very thankfull to you if you can give me cost of my project. Hoping for your quick response

16. Shahzad

I want to construct 08Marla (30*60) Ground Floor only in Al-Rehman Garden, Lahore.

1.) Do you have any specific format of quotation? I wan to study the estimated cost and tentative raw materials details of Grey Structure.

2.) Would it be better to construct only ground floor with possible front elevation as of single story??

pls guide

• Shahzad
      Grey structure single storey house will cost you Rs. 1400/- per sq ft
      Yes single storey house is ok
      Get drawings of double storey house
      First construct single storey house
      When ever you need to build second storey you can erect it

17. ahmed

first of all i would like to appreciate you .you blog is so informative for each n everyone.
    sir my question is that i have a 200sq plot in karachi .. i wanna construct ground floor and frist floor .. can you tell me how much cost will all over the construction with grey construction cost & finishing cost..

thank you ..

• Ahmed
      Many thanks for your appreciation
      Construction cost of double storey 200 sq yards house