Blogs

5 Marla House Construction Cost

Construction cost of 5 Marla house

5 Marla House

5 Marla is a common house size in Pakistan. Most housing schemes in Pakistan have the houses of size 5 Marla. In Pakistan residential land is measured in Marla and Kanal. 1 Marla is equal to 225 square feet and 1 Kanal is equal to 20 Marla. Therefore, 5 Marla house is one that is built on the land of size 1125 square feet.

5 Marla plot or land size:

There are many sizes of 5 Marla plots but ideal size is 25’x45’.

Design of 5 Marla House

Design of 5 Marla house has very little variation. Due to the limited land, architects have little maneuvering space. In 5 Marla house design, no open spaces are provided on both sides of house. Open spaces are provided on front and back of 5 Marla house. Front space is utilized for plantation and back space for laundry work. Ventilation and natural light is provided from front and back open spaces. Generally a car porch, living room, kitchen and one bedroom with attached bathroom are provided on ground floor, whereas two bedrooms with attached bathrooms are provided on first floor.

Covered area of 5 Marla double storey house

Approximate covered area of a 5 Marla double storey house is 1750 square feet.

Construction cost of 5 Marla double storey house

Per square foot construction cost in Pakistan is 2500-4000 PAK Rupees. Construction cost of a double storey 5 Marla house of covered area 1600 square feet is 4,375,000-7,000,000 PAK Rupees. This variation depends on the type of finishes and fixtures you chose for your 5 Marla home.

NOTES:
  • Construction cost in Karachi, Lahore, Islamabad, Gwadar, Rawalpindi, Faisalabad, Multan, Peshawar, Gujranwala, Sialkot, Abbottabad, Bahawalpur, Quetta, Sargodha, Hyderabad Sindh, Sahiwal, Jhelum, Gujrat Pakistan, Sheikhupura, Kasur and other cities of Pakistan varies due to variation in construction material rates.
  • Construction costs / rates in this blog are updated regularly (last updated on 10-03-2017).

1. Abdul Wadood Iqbal

I want to build a simple double story 5 marla house in BTK Ali Block. What are the desing/layout constraints? How much space should be left uncovered on front & back? Do you have any idea about front elevation because BT haven’t revealed it yet.

2. Azhar

Dear Sir,
    I want to build a 5 marla double story and in second floor want to build one room mumti kitchen bathroom in ghouri town islamabad please want to known the cost

3. Zahid

Dear
    How much it will cost to build single story 4 marla 3bedroom 2 bathroom and sitting room no car space with normal finishing.

4. Sikandar

Sir, i have 5 marla plot in bahria orchard raiwind road lahore.
    Kindly will u tell me construction cost of double story house with one store room over second floor

5. Majid Awan

I have 7 marla plot in a housing society. 1 marla is 250 sqft.

Want to know what is considered as covered area and how much its going to be in my case in 7 marla?

Does area left for small lawn,galleries and car porch is also calculated as covered area?

A contractor told me its going to be 3600 sq ft for double story and cost me about 80 lac with medium finish. While you said in your earlier reply its going to be around 50-55 lac.

Please advise as i am new to all this and managing everything on my own.

Salam and best regards.

• Majid Awan
      Lawn and open area is not calculated in covered area
      I gave you estimate at Rs. 2,500/- per sq ft for 2000-2200 sq ft covered area
      As your covered area is 3600 sq ft
      You builder is honest and his estimation is very reasonable
      your builder is just charging you 2223 per sq ft for normal construction
      Just sign contract with your builders as rate may rise soon

6. shahid

What will be the cost of 5 marla 22.4X60 size plot and can i have a floor plan for single and two storey each one separate.

• Usman
      First floor covered area is normally less than ground floor
      Also first floor construction cost is less than ground floor as ground floor has foundations too
      7 Marla house first floor will cost you approximately 20-22 LAC

7. Ahmad khan

What would be the cost of high end double storey construction on 6 marlas in chek shazad islamabad.
    I would appreciate if i get quick reply

8. Sher Khan

I have a 6 marla plot 26×63 in d g khan .what will be the cost of well furnished single story and a room with bath in 2nd floor.

9. Muhammad Nafees Shafi

AOA Sir
    I want to build a room of 20×18 on the 2nd storey. Can u please tell me the cost of construction .

10. Shams

Salam sir, i want to construct 2 beds with attach baths and one big hall (guest room + tv lounge with no wall in between) and a kitchen on 5 marla plot in rwp, could u plz tell me a very economical rate for it and in near future i want to increase it to 2 more floors.

• Javaid
      Your budget is bit less
      What I will suggest you.
      1- Complete grey structure work first
      2- After grey structure just look at your budget and then select finished for your home.
      In other words complete you home step by step or in stages

11. Muhammad Rizwan

I am constructing 10 marla house in Lahore Cantt. Contract for labor was finalized @ 240/sqft. Marble/tiling work is included in the contract. Can you please guide if cost polishing of marble is also on part of contractor after marble work or it is on the part of customer?

12. Muhammad Tanveer

Dear Sir
    have a nice day ,
    i have 5marla plot in sialkot city .i would like to build first foundation +minimum required 5ft sand this plot .can you guide me how much total cost (foundation +sand )after i have plane to build single story also include this cost

13. Tariq

Hi, I have 8 Marla plot and want to construct 5 marla with 3 Bedrooms attached bath and drying room simple single story plz tell me estimated cost .

14. nabeel

AOA
    Sir i have 5 marla plot in lahore which is having measurement of 23×50. i want to construct single story with 2 bedrooms with attached bath,1 drawing room +dinning space, car porch, kitchen and one room on roof top with attached bath and washing line also be necessary. kindly advise me the complete cost for construction of ready to live house.
    seeking your reply for above

15. Anwer Masood

Sir i have 4.5 marla plot in fsd and i want to construct single storey house with bedroom attached bath, kitchen, dreaming room and car porch . . Kindly suggest me how can I make it with minimum cost???? And how much cost will be for this ???? Plz reply

16. I hv a 6 marĺa single story house in wah. I want to build its second story with 2 bedrooms 1 drawing room 1 tv lounge 2 baths and kitchen. What will it cost

17. rana shaid

dears,

i have 5Marla house in lahore already make single story now i want to make upstairs how much it will cost please advice me advance thanks

18. ALAMDAR HUSSAIN

Dear Sir,

I have 5 marla plot in Multan City. I want to build 2 Bed Rooms and one drawing room with Kitchen and 2 attached bathrooms. How much estimate will be for this?

Alamdar Hussain

19. Ahmed Sharif

hi, i have a 5 marla plot in lahore garden scheme near faizpur interchange lahore, i want to build double storey home, what would be the cost if one bed room at ground floor and 2 on the first floor.

20. Muhammad syed

Aoa.we want to build a 5 Marla house in dha phase 6 Lahore.how much will be cost? With basement n without basement.A+ category home we want high standard house.

• Muhamamd Syed
      Basements are more practical and useful for 1 Kanal houses.
      I will not recommend basement for 5 MARLA HOUSE.
      REASONS
      1-Space limitations
      2-You will increase the cost of construction but when you sell 5 Marla house, buyer will not be willing to pay extra quids for your efforts.

5 Marla house A+ Category will cost you 55 Lac
      With basement add 5-7 Lac extra.

21. Muhammad Bilal

Hi,

I have a plot of 37 * 45. I want to construct single story house on that. What would be the minimum required budget and how long it will go to finish that.

Thanking in anticipation.

22. Aoa. i have a neat plot in Islamabad location i_14/3. i want to built in simply but furnish like fully. plot size 25×50 i want to make ground and first floor. according to map keep in touch if u have ideas about isb.. what is the minimum cost to built it ?

• if i less some of the things on upper portion like no completion of upper floor as the first floor goes naked like grey structure with no tiles nor wooding like doors windows and every of the thing is minus only ground floor furnished fully then.. what will be the cost?
        ground full furnish and first floor be like grey structure .. can i construct it in worth of Rs 3 million to 3.5 million.. Dude make it possible i think it is possible?

23. Muhammad Yasir

Assalam o alikum,

I have a one kanal plot but I will be building only around 1500sqft of covered area on it as I am tight on budget. What will be the cost of normal construction?

24. Kamran

• Kamran

pls give me answer hi just want to ask in 5 marla house Plot size 25*58 what will be cost for 25*40 basement or is it not good to have basement pls advise Thanks.

25. Faran

I want to get information about constructing a single story house on 5 marla plot in Bahria Enclave Islamabad. How much does it cost and how much time will it take to complete?
    Kindly reply as soon as possible.

26. Kamran

1450 Sq. Feet covered area for single storey 2 bedroom 1 kitchen 2 washroom Drawing room hall & mumty.
    what will be the cost for grey & finish construction.

27. Abid Hussain

Dear sir,
    I am planning to buy a plot in Bahria Town Phase 8 for construction purpose. I heard from a few people that some plot areas are sinking. Can you please let me know about this.
    thanks,
    abid

28. Dear Builders & Consultants,

Please if you can advise me on below points for a 8 marla plot in Bahria town phase 8 rawalpindi:
    – Which is wiser: Building a house or buying it pre-owned? How much the difference will be? Pros & Cons?
    – Covered area will be 7 marla.
    – Current market rate for finishinga per sqft?
    – If I go for basement how much additional?
    – Approx. timeframe for SUI GAS meter installation from connection request date?

Thanks,

Malik Mushtaq

29. Sha G

Assa la mo aly kum.
    I hv 7 mrla plot in havelian city distt abbottabad n i wnt to build 3 rooms +kitchn +bath +tv room….
    Hw mch it wl cost me….???
    Regrds Sha G…

30. Imran Abbas

Aoa… I want to build a double story 8 marla house. Plot size 30×60… It’s in manawan, Lahore. Kindly tell me the cost.

31. Awais

AOa.
    I have 5 marla plot near gori town rawalpinid,,,and wants to build single story house,,,,with normal budget just to avoid rented house. Please guide me its cost…
    Plot Size: 25″ * 50″
    Thanks!

32. Muhammad Ali`

I have 6 marla plot,,,and wants to build single story house,,,,with normal budget just to avoid rented house. Please guide me its cost…its in Kala Shah Kaku area SA garden phase 2

33. Muhammad azeem

Hi sir,

I have a 10 marla corner plot in bahria orchard Lahore.

I wants to construct a house there.

i need two car parking separate separate (one is other side and other one is anther side.

3 bed rooms with attach bath + drawing + dinning + store and kitchen. double story house.

the upper portion will be separate with the car parking.
    Thanks.

34. Nimra zulfiqar

Hi. Can you please send construction cost of making a third portion in my 5 marla house, which will include a room with attached bathroom and open kitchen lounge.

35. Nasir

I want to start construction of 5 Marla 25×45 at Multan road Lahore this month. Firsy floor covered area 921 and second floor coverd area is approx 600. what is estimated cost?

36. Tahir

I want to construct a 25*40 size house in islamabad and according to CDA rules its 111 sq yards. I want to construct it according to following parameters given below
    1). Basement 2 beds (No bath in basement).
    2). Ground floor one bed (attached bath) inluding poorch and tv lounge.
    3). First floor 2 beds (attached baths).
    4). Momty 1 bed.

Can you please tell me how much will it cost me ?

37. Wajid Hassan

Dear Author: Ghar47,
    AOA ,
    it is very helpful for those peoples who want to build their own house first time.
    i wholeheartedly appreciate your kind approach.

regards ,
    Wajid Hassan

38. mubashir

sir i have 5 marla’s plot
    so tell me all construction estimate

2baths
    2bedRooms
    1kitchen
    1storeRoom

39. Taimoor

Your advise on building a 4 marla house for business sale , it’s my first time.
    Kindly share a few good tips on cost saving , map, layout plan, etc.

Pls share most common errors made by a builder on 4 marla.

40. Taimoor

Building a 4 marla house in Islamabad one bed ground floor n 2 bed first floor. One kitchen ground and one small on first floor. A drawing room on ground. 4 bath room . A mumpty room on top.

Need to know Average cost on 2000sft 4 marla house and max realistic market profit gain on 4 marla house .

41. Muhammad Faisal

I have a 5 marla plot in DHA Lahore Rahbar Sector. The total area is 1125 Sft. How much will it cost for the construction of double story house?

42. Muhammad Ahmed

I have five marla plot but i have only 20 lakh in hand. i want start to built 5 marla step by step. is it possible or not?. if it is possible then how can i complete it’s part.

Give the best advice

Thanks,

Regards,

Muhammad Ahmed

43. Jawed Iqbal

i have 7 marla ( 54’X35′ ) plot. 2 marla for open lawn and 5 marla for constuction.Ground floor i will need 1 kitchen 1 bedroom with attach bath and first floor i will need 2 room behind and 2 bedroom with attach bath front.PLZ send me estimate.

44. waqas ali

Hi I have 5 marla plot in Bahria Enclave Islamabad and want to construct double story , so how much will be the budget for that ?

45. Ishfaq

2725 sqr feet. Construction cost is required for the following

Tiles parlino crystal. Bricks A class
    Wiring full copper. Sanitary master. Bath tub shower average good quality. Washroom tiles master or China. Chunai 1×4. DPC 4 feet with 9 inch columns almost 10 columns. With 1x4x8 and 1x2x4. Dulex paint. Main door diary wood and the rest lasani. 5 wash room. 4 beds 2 drawing room 2 dinning 2 kitchen double story house. Main gate iron. Windows aluminium and ghani glass.
    Please provide the cost.

46. Muhammad Mehboob Riaz

hi Sir

I have Plot in Al Raheem Garden, Near Manawan Police Traning Centre Lahore
    4 Marla Plot Size: 22′ 10″ x 39′ 45″
    Can posible you Make (Please Tel Me How Many Month Complete)
    i want make single story or double story (with map design)
    including all finishing (Paint, Electricity, Marble,gate, doors, window, wardrobs, kitchen cabnet, i think you understand what i want (Full Firnish) im in Dubai please tel me all detailes on my E.Mail ID haziq1hazim2@gmail.com

47. Muhammad Kamran

A.A I have a plot in Bahawalpur 25*58 want to make Single storey house what will be cost.
    thanks

48. Dear sir,

I want to build 5 marla home (25*45)in Ali block Rawapindi
    Can you please tell me double story 5 marla how much construction cast can be come?

Ali.

49. yousaf ali

dear sir i have a plot in taxila and want to construct, please send me the price for constuction estimate of 3560 squre feet

50. ahmad sajjad

HELLO SIR OLD 5 MARLA PLOTS SEND ME CONSTRUCTION COST COMPLETE DETAIL SEND ME SINGLE STORY MAKED INSIDE STREET CITY NAME KAMOKE
    THANKS